On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Neilz <neilhorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all. From my app I want to send the user to a web page to complete
> some action, and then return to the app with some kind of code,
> depending upon the success or failure of their action.
>
> How can I achieve this? Will I have to use a WebView within the app,
> or is there a way I can use the stock browser also?

In theory, if you have the browser redirect to some URL that is
handled by your app (ACTION_VIEW, CATEGORY_BROWSABLE, and an
appropriate <data> element), you could accomplish this with your
"code" baked into the URL (e.g., /postaction/success and
/postaction/failure). I haven't tried a redirect as the trigger
mechanism, though.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training