There is no plan to support javax.sound. I guess I need to writeup a
media FAQ because this question gets asked repeatedly.

Cupcake has support for streaming PCM audio in and out of Java. It
also supports static buffers, i.e. load a buffer with sound data and
trigger (one-shot) or loop. Both static and streamed buffers have
support for pitch and volume controls.