On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:19 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking at the new "Android Training" section on the Android
> Developer's site. One of the first required steps is installing the "Android
> Support" package.
>
> In the "Downloading the Support Package" section, it first says to "Launch
> the SDK and AVD Manager".  This is curious, as my Eclipse has two options,
> called "Android SDK Manager" and "AVD Manager". These instructions refer
> specifically to a choice called "Android SDK and AVD Manager".  I assume
> they really mean the SDK Manager, so that's what I'm looking at.

The tutorials were written before the split of the SDK and AVD Manager
into two windows, apparently.

> The instructions next say "Expand the Android Repository, check Android
> Support package".
>
> My "Android SDK Manager" dialog has a pane labeled "Packages". I see nothing
> labeled "Android Repository". I also see nothing like "Android Support".
>
> What am I missing?

In the SDK Manager, it is called "Android Compatibility package", and
it appears in the Extras category.

The name of this component has varied from "Android Compatibility
Library" to "Android Support package" to "Android Compatibility
package". If you see any of those names, they should all be referring
to the same thing.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 4.1 Available!