On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 6:21 AM, Sean751 <sean...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is an example for using the onChildClick and in onCreate the line
> getExpandableListView().setOnChildClickListener(this); is included

That implies that in this example the class referred to by "this"
implements the OnGroupClickListener interface. Does it?

> so if I want to also have onGroup click I assumed that I
> need getExpandableListView().setOnGroupClickListener(this);

You need an OnGroupClickListener, where you get it from, whether it is
"this" or another instance, is fairly irrelevant.

> but that causes an error the suggestion in Eclipse is to change it
> to getExpandableListView().setOnGroupClickListener((OnGroupClickListener)
> this);

Eclipse doesn't know any better. You should. This will get it to compile
but will crash as you saw.

> I am after any item click if there is another way, the code that I want to
> run onClick is the same for Group or Child. I can see in the parent class
> there is an event but I don't know how to use it, I am new to this.

You may need to take a step back and learn some Java first, as it appears
you're getting hung up on some basic semantics of the language.