On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:45 AM, rperi...@yahoo.com <rperi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks again for the reply. I actually subscribed to your books - they
> are well written.

Thanks!

> I downloaded the video sample and tried to run it
> but the screen remains blank. However I suspect it is becuase it
> cannot find the file. It seems like it is designed run the file
> "test.mp4" on an SD card on a real device.

Or a test.mp4 file on the emulated SD card on an emulator. It still
will not play well in an emulator, but the lack of the MP4 file will
not stop you.

> Can I make the sample work on the emulator.

Yes. Put a file named test.mp4 in the emulated SD card on the
emulator. The specific MP4 file I used in those screenshots is the
"Documentaries and You" video from here:

http://www.law.duke.edu/cspd/contest/finalists/

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.7 Available!