hiiiiii
i'm an beginner in android...
My problem in android...
i want to send sms from a numeric touch pad via programming......
i m not able to find how to put up the code for numeric pad.....i did
google many times but im unable to find the same.....the application
should work same as  speed  dial....rather than call,a sms will be
sent......Im acquaint with  Sms sending,database connectivity.....i
need the code to put my app working at press of any numeric key....

if this is not possible to make changes at Numeric pad,then help me
for my other alternative to this...when application's shortcut is
made....

condition

if a normal press is encountered, setting activity should get opened
and when long pressed ,sms should be sent without asking for
anything.......

please help ..how to distinguish between single click and long pressed
events via coding.....

thanks