I was doing some memory profiling recently for another issue, and I found
that, on my phone running ICS,
as soon as I launch the app the memory is already at about 7 MB, when it
was usually about 4 MB in others.
I looked at the HPROF file and it seems like the app is keeping a bunch
(all?) of my app's drawables in memory.

Is there some pre-fetching going on? Why was this changed? Is there any way
to disable this? How does
this affect calls to recycle() (see this stackoverflow
question<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9106674/recycle-bitmap-ice-cream-sandwich-force-close>)?

Is there some official documentation for the
change?

Or maybe there's something else going on...