Hi,

I am trying to programmatically select all the text in an EditText field
when a user touches the field so that when the user starts typing it
replaces the existing text (I cannot use settings in the XML file because
this field is programmatically added to the screen). To do this, I attached
an OnFocusChangeListener to the EditText field.  The onFocusChange method
is below:

@Override

public void onFocusChange(View v, boolean hasFocus) {

    EditText editText = (EditText) v;
    if (hasFocus) editText.selectAll();

}

This works fine on Android 2.x, but it does not work in ICS. After touching
the EditText field, the cursor just sits in the begin of the field and the
text is not selected. Is it a bug? Is there a workaround?