On Sunday, February 5, 2012 1:17:54 PM UTC+1, Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
wrote:

The 4.x WVGA emulator should run approximately as quickly as the
> Android 2.3 emulator.

It does run about as fast, but - in my experience - emulator stability has
taken a progressive hit with every platform version past 2.2. I can't keep
an ICE emulator running for more than a few minutes if I'm actually trying
to do any work with it; pseudo-random reboots are the order of the day.

I long since came to believe that nobody at Google actually uses the
emulator; they have too much access to the latest hardware. If they had to
dogfood it, I can't believe it'd be in the state it is.

String