I'm working on a custom tween effect targeting Android 2.2.  This is
not a straight View animation (many things are happening based on the
progress of the tween), so the Animation classes available in 2.2
aren't sufficient (apparently Animator does this but is not
available).

I've implemented the basic logic (porting JS and AS tweening engines
I'd written earlier), and it seems to work fine, but is a little
slow.  For example, running an interval of 25ms in JS or AS produces a
smooth visual effect, but seems "chunky" in the Android implementation
- reducing the interval to 10ms seemed to help some but it certainly
isn't as smooth as the built-in animations.

I'm using Timer and Timer task - I've read that
ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor is "preferred" but from what I've read the
advantages seem to be more to do with exception handling and multiple
tasks (I'll only ever have the one tween running).

Is Timer particularly slow?  If ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor more
efficient?  Is there another, better alternative that I'm not aware
of?

TYIA