My guess is they got rid of the "New/Recent/Just In/whatever" section
because it would be easy to abuse, since spammers could constantly
upload their apps over and over.  That being said, it seems relatively
easy to prevent this by putting in some kind of time restriction
between app uploads before you could get listed.  I mean, if Amazon
can do it, then Google should be able to.

One thing I wish the Android Market did was institute more sub-
categories for certain sections.  For example, a majority of my apps
are under the "News & Magazines" section, but when you go to "News &
Magazines" it's just a enormous listing of apps.  Amazon's App Store
separates news into sub-categories (Business, Entertainment, Health)
and I've gotten double the amount of downloads on Amazon than I have
in the Market, in 1/2 the time.