On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 06:35:06PM -0600, Jim Graham wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 01:31:08AM +0100, YuviDroid wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure as to what is going wrong exactly...but you might want to
> > check the launchMode of your activity/ies.
> > http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/activity-element.html#lmode
>
> I will...thanks.

And there it is...99% sure that's the issue.

> > I remember I had a similar issue in the past (not with the camera though)
> > when I launched an app from the Market (where it shows the 'Open' and
> > 'Uninstall' buttons), then pressed home, and started that same app from the
> > app drawer.
>
> That sounds familiar....  Do you remember what was going on, what the
> issue was, why it makes any difference, etc.?

Never mind...after looking at the page, it's spelled out pretty clearly.
And it makes sense---the installer app goes away (unlike the Market app,
which the app returns to when it exits), leaving the camera app an
orphan (in Unix terminology) ... it has no parent left to report its
exit status to, and leaves behind the Android version of a zombie...a
force close.  At least, that's my interpretation.  No I'm off to test
it...if I don't followup in a few minutes, it fixed everything.

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running FreeBSD 7.0 >

                "sigh, once upon a time T-1 was fast...."
                           --seen in alt.sysadmin.net-abuse.email

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html