Sorry for the delay...didn't hear (or see) the announcement about
the incoming message....

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 07:23:28PM +0400, Kostya Vasilyev wrote:

> >So in this case, side-loading using the tablet's installer, would
> >that be considered as the same as launching via the market?
>
> Um, what is "the tablet's installer"? Do you mean a file manager?

When you use a file manager (any file manager) and short-press on
the apk, and an installer launches to install the app.  The fact
that it's identical in every file manager I've seen suggests that
it's the same one (maybe just the same SDK code, or the same internal
app on the device...whatever).

> I don't know the answer off-hand, you can check the logcat, look for
> ActivityManager output.

It's mostly just a curiousity now, so I'm more inclined to spend time
working on my app now that the force close issue is solved.  :-)   I
am curious, but....

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | "Now what *you* need is a proper pint of

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html