Thanks for the additional feedback.

>>The meta data name is a global namespace to all applications, so you must
qualify it…<<
That’s how I understood it.  “myComponentNamespace” is a shortened
camel case to represent a full application namespace.  I renamed all
my code to anonymize our client and make my point easier to follow.
For example, my provider authority of
“myComponentNamespace.theirApplicaitonNamespace” is something like
“com.myclientscompany.example.projectname.platform.component.com.thirdpartycompany.applicationname”.

Thanks for pointing at the actual documentation, as it was sort of
buried.

>>Usually they rely on the standard permission mechanism, though you can do
>>more complicated stuff if you want.<<
The standard permission mechanism is great for protecting the user
from bad applications, but not helpful for protecting an application
from a bad user.  I will have to look at this in more detail when I
find myself implementing something that needs to be secure.

Regards
Mark