I am sure that Ralph will be absolutely ecstatic about that - can you
imagine that - a working example that require less code/library
inclusion compared to my app - absolutely magnificent!

Personally the first part ("working") would be my clear focus.

Have a nice day ;-)

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Nikolay Elenkov
<nikolay.elen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Michael Banzon <mich...@banzon.dk> wrote:
>> You need to add "Basic" in front of the "Authorization" parameter (if
>> you are using basic auth.). The base64 encoded string also needs both
>> username and password.
>>
>> This is from a working example:
>>
>> method.addHeader("Authorization", "Basic " + Base64.encodeBytes(new
>> String(this.username + ":" + this.password).getBytes()));
>>

> There is really no need to re-implement functionality already found in
> HttpClient.
> (unless is broken, like the digest auth implementation)

Michael Banzon
http://michaelbanzon.com/