Thanks Mark,

BTW, I love the Commonsware book series, I use them all the time.

I have a somewhat unrelated question, but depending on the answer, I think
it might provide another solution to this problem.

How are ContextMenus and Dialogs displayed on the screen.  They seem to
live outside any ViewGroup, and are attached to the Window instead. What if
the Events sit above the ListItems, in the same way that a context menu
would?

I'm going to go through the example ios scheduler app and see how it's done
there.

Thank you,
David