I am trying to add ordered broadcasting functionality to
LocalBroadcastReceiver class. I just noticed this method:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/BroadcastReceiver.html#setOrderedHint(boolean)

The docs have this to say :

For internal use, sets the hint about whether this BroadcastReceiver is
> running in ordered mode.

Now, the "For internal use" part makes me nervous. Is it safe to use this
method in my code?

I mean, the method *is* published as part of the API (as opposed to being
hidden with the @hide annotation in the source).
Secondly, changes to LocalBroadcastReceiver does qualify as internal code!