Dianne, Kostya,

I can confirm that the method that the browser uses fixes this issue. I've
added an override to the view:

 @Override
*public* InputConnection onCreateInputConnection(EditorInfo outAttrs) {
  InputConnection connection = *super*.onCreateInputConnection(outAttrs);
  outAttrs.imeOptions |= EditorInfo.*IME_FLAG_NO_FULLSCREEN*;
  *return* connection;
}
The problem is, that this flag is available only since API level 11 and
we're targeting Android 2.x devices as well.

In emulator, I see that the browser in Android 2.2 works like I want my app
to work. But the EditorInfo.IME_FLAG_NO_FULLSCREEN is not available for API
level 8, even though the sources for WebView in Android 2.2 use the same
constant.

I've set this flag by using a direct number (0x02000000) and it works.
Should I use a compatibility package for that perhaps?

Regards,
 Miha.