Firstly, thanks to all who responded

If I write it as an  html5 or web app
Does this not mean that it *HAS* to be connected to the Net. and thus either a WiFi access or 3G access *MUST* be available ?

Or is there someway to be a web app that runs on myself 127.0.0.1 but I don't think the tablet's run a web server I had seen about phone gap and html5 but this above issue is a concern for me.

I have also looked at things like MadeWithMarmalade (not that impressed) and XmlVM (has potential)

Thanks again