The most intelligent solution would be disabling it in the firmware
shipped in the US. Most handst manufacturers are based in the far east,
T-Mobile can ship them to whomever they want outside the US, and
developers working outside the US can continue to work on it.

The same approach was used with encryption in pre-2006 where I could
order a VPN server from any number of European or far east websites
which, technically, if I took into the US or left the US with I could be
charged as an arms smuggler under US law.

If your country has laws that prevent you getting a technology you
should talk to the politicians about changing the law, not try and
remove the functionality from devices shipped to those of us in the free
world.

Al.

--
======