Case sensitivity is a difficult problem when you might have non-English
(ASCII) users.  To the best of my knowledge I think that is it impossible
to write an algorithm to perform a case-insensitive compare for the full
UNICODE character set.

I hope I am wrong, as it is something I would find immensely useful.