On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:01 PM, JP <joachim.pfeif...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are no new features that would require any new permissions, and the
> target-sdk remains at 11. (min-sdk level 3)
>
> Turns out that Google Play in its infinite wisdom added permission
> requests that aren't required for the app, at least not for the devices
> I've tested it on over the years.

Which permission(s)? There are some new ones that are apparently being
added implicitly. For example, I had the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission,
which now automatically gives you the new READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
It's probably something like that.

BTW, this becomes obvious only after expanding the version in the APK panel
> of the old publisher console, because only the old console interface posts
> a warning about the new permission set.

Awesome. I just noticed that now. Apparently my last update had the same
effect and I didn't realize for using the new console. Thanks for the heads
up.

> BTW, using the old interface, reactivating the July version results in the
> following "error": "New APK version is lower than previous APK version."
> (Well duh) and I can't delete any new upload, old interface or new. So I
> can't even switch back to any of the old versions.

I remember when this was discovered a while back, after they added the
feature. One would think the point of this would be to quickly revert back
to a known good version in the event something went wrong with your newest
build. But nope! Instead it's really nothing more than a history trail, the
purpose of which apparently only the people at Google know.

Have you tried the Google Play "support"?