I'm a little confused.  You posted your question on 11/29.  As far as I
could tell, this feature went into effect sometime around the end of
November for me.  I realize all the "primo" developers got this six months
ago, but I assume that when it suddenly clicked on for me last week that it
also clicked on for everyone else.

Are there still developers who don't have the ability to respond to
comments and ratings?

Is Google rolling this new feature out slowly over time?  When is the date
after which all developers will have it.

For my part, I have to say I have been very grateful for it.  Like I said,
I've only had it a a little less than a week now, but I have put it to good
use.  I must admit, I had to be very careful not to write anything snarky
or angry...it was reeeeeeeally tempting.  Let's all use this new feature as
intended and not disappoint the folks at google who have entrusted us with
it.

*Cheers!*