To test in-app purchases I need to create a second google account and add
it as a test account through the dev console.  I also have to attach a
credit card to the account through Google Wallet so it can actually
purchase my in-app items.

Question: Google Wallet's webpage seems to have some notion of Google
Wallet on the device.  I presume this is some "square"-like thing for
making day to day payments with one's phone, right?  As such, am I correct
in assuming I don't need to take that step to test in-app purchases?  Is
merely attaching a credit card to the test account sufficient to enable it
to purchase the in-app items available through my app?

Followup: I have read a few horror stories of people having their developer
accounts suspended even though they correctly set up a test account and
listed it through the developer console.  Can anyone report on this?  I am
terrified to even try to  test the in-app purchases on my app for fear that
Google will ban me...but I absolutely have to test the system before I will
willingly trust it to the wild.  Thoughts?

Thanks.