On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Latimerius <l4t1m3r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The thing I don't get is how would that be possible if Android doesn't
> collect individual Activity instances, just whole processes.

I believe it is entirely possible and actually a frequent occurrence that
Activities are destroyed while processes are not. For example, you might
open a second Activity within your own app that causes memory pressure -
your process must keep running to show the second Activity but the first
Activity, which is now hidden, can be destroyed to reclaim memory.

Also, even simpler, rotate your device. Activities destroyed. Processes,
not so much.