Can you explain what you want to do a little better?  Because you need the
ability to select in order to edit...otherwise how can you begin the edit?

Here's a crazy idea.  Make your "HelloAndroid" view a regular TextView then
add a new blank EditText set as a password field (inputType="password").
 The user could type in the the new value into here.   And when done, it
could update the TextView (where you originally had "HelloAndroid").  That
would prevent them from copy-pasting their new value somewhere else.
 ...I'm guessing this is what you want to prevent.  But I don't understand
why.