I don't know if this will help, but I had a similar problem a while back.
 Only in my case, it worked in the newer versions of Android, but not in
the older versions.  After consulting with the people running the server
that I was trying to connect to, I found the problem.  In the header, I was
sending:

"Authorization": "Bearer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",

but they were receiving:

"authorization": "Bearer XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",

For some reason, the earlier versions of Android were converting
'Authorization' to 'authorization' and the particular host that I was
talking to did not accept the lowercase version.  The fix was to get the
server to accept both.

I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem, buy you might
want to consider if the case of your request is correct.