I'd gladly do it (for me) but the thing is that most users will
install the 1.1 update, and when Google finally releases paid apps
most if not all (minus some devs) will have 1.1, so I'll have to
target SDK 1.1 instead and try to live with that :(

Thanks for the factory reset hint though :)

Cheers,
Stoyan