Hi Developers,

This is about FileObserver Bug. I am using FileObserver in my application
to keep track of newly created, deleted and modified files (images, video,
MS Word document and PDF files). I am successful in handling these events
in Lollipop but partially successful in Marshmallow.

The detailed issue in Marshmallow.

   1. I have tested this in Nexus 6 Marshmallow and it works fine.
   2. But, when it comes to* LG Marshmallow and Samsung s7 (Marshmallow) *I
   am not able to capture the files.
   3. When I tested in these mobiles, below events are not triggered, the
   events number are referred from this link.
   https://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/FileObserver.html

   - *Create - 256 *
   - *Delete - 512*
   - *Modified - 2 *

These event numbers are *not triggered.* Is this a bug in Marshmallow
itself ? Why it's not working in Samsung s7 and LG marshmallow devices? Is
Samsung and LG devices with Marshmallow restricting us from capturing using
file observer?

Please share your suggestions and help me to resolve these issues

Thank You
Shyamkumar M

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/bcb5309f-8b2d-461a-91d3-3268fbf86ac8%40googlegroups.com.