Much appreciated.

I'd like to ask you one more question if I could JBQ.

I have built all kinds of things with Android now, from simple
activities, to OpenGL applications, to out of process servers running
in services with inter-process communication and callbacks, et
cetera.  All of this is great in Android and relatively simple in
comparison to doing it in other platforms; however, just trying to
build Camera.apk is proving problematic in that I'm probably just
taking the wrong approach.

Do you have any suggestions (which I'll not hold you to) for building
Camera.apk because I, of course, end up needing to reference classes
outside of both the SDK and the Camera.git source base (such as
com.android.text.format.DateFormat which I found in the base.git
repositiory) and not being an expert Eclipse/Java person I simply
tried linking in the base framework source folders.  That, of course,
doesn't work.  All of the base code references a different set of
resources.

Should I be building the base code as its own project, and linking
that project to my Camera project's build path?

Sorry if this is too far beneath your purview, but I'm struggling to
do something I had hoped would be simple - just build Camera.apk
without any changes...

I've googled on this a bunch but found nothing but vagaries that make
it sound like no ones actually doing this right now.

Thanks,
     Hans