when you want to update application in the device it checks for the previous
key info with modifications.
it wont allow you to sign same application with different signs

if you want to use different keys you must change your package name of your
application
then it wont give error. otherwise it will give the error

because it store installed application details in the system folder as xml
file

when you want to update an application it will check with previous one with
same package

--
Dilli Rao. M