Yes, the ID is used to propagate the saved state to the appropriate view in
the next instance.  Use different IDs.  Why do you even want to use the same
ID?

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.