Matt:

Not all the Incoming Messages will be displayed in the Inbox . There
are certain type of messages, which are not supposed to be shown in
Inbox , instead , they are Processed by Some application on the phone.

There are certain Messages called Port Messages, where in the the TP-
UD ( Please refer 3GPP TS 23.040 ) will contain the Port IE - based on
this port IE , the message will be Processed by a Different
application on the phone .

Do you know, how does the messaging Applicaiton on the Android Deal
with the Port Messages ? If it can Route some Port Message to your
application , then it will meet your Requirements

Regards
Mani