We might have to know why you want to build this way. There could be
other possibilities, including using a much simpler xml that you could
parse yourself and add UI elements programmatically. Or have a variety
of layouts available that you could set, depending on a value you've
downloaded, though I get the feeling you want something more dynamic
than that.