I have a dialog that sets its content view to a View object it creates
(a derived View actually) and the view can detect touch events without
any trouble, no callback registering or listeners or anything...but I
can't get any trackball events.  I tried overriding onTrackballEvent()
and even dispatchTrackballEvent().  Neither function fires when the
trackball is moved or pressed while the dialog is the window.

I see that one can register for clicks and various things, but how
does one access trackball events?

Thanks.