Anyone who is surprised by this must be very, very new to the
programming game. I've been waiting for this since the store opened.

IMHO, to the extent that the Android community becomes a proxy for
those that think All Ideas Should Be Free And Stealable, that is the
extent to which Android will never be a real grown-up operating
system.