On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:42 PM, clark <clarkd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Since "firmware found on the upcoming HTC Sapphire" means absolutely
> nothing
> > to us (really), you'd better ask to the person who provided you this nice
> > piece of
> > software instead :-)
>
> Now when you say "us," are you referring to google engineers, the
> application developers or the community?

I was referring to the Android team but also other people on this list.
Essentially
there is zero information in your post that can help us identify what this
firmware is.

> Last night I wrote some code that got the raw audio from the mic, a
> feature I had been waiting for.  So far it looks as though this is
> based on Android 1.5, which it also states in the "About Phone"
> section under the settings.

I have seen reviews in print magazines that were apparently based on old
cupcake-based firmware that unfortunately were touting features that have
been removed or disabled since from the build (because they were not
usable / stable enough for a release).

And intermediate builds have been tagged 1.5 for a long time now, that
doesn't make them final.

I am thus not confident to tell you if such or such feature is going to be
supported in the official cupcake release, especially if you test it on a
build
of unknown origin. You could try running your code in the preview SDK which
probably is closer to the real thing that what you have on this device.

However, in the specific case of acquiring mic audio, there may be an
Android
engineer here that could confirm that this is going to be in the released
platform,
it's just that I don't know the answer.