Hi,

The documentation for AudioRecord specifies that the constructor may
fail based on what the hardware supports. The format of the data will
depend on if the hardware supports it. Since the current android
emulator is like a G1 type phone, and phone systems are usually
8000hz, the hardware probably only supports that frequency.