Anna PS wrote:
> I need to start the Camera activity from within my application, take a
> picture, and return the photo URI to another activity.
>
> Surely this should be straightforward? But the Camera API sample code
> doesn't show how to get the URI. I can't find the answer on this
> forum, either.

Since the Camera activity could be used to take one or 100 pictures, I
would be surprised if it returned a result.

The Camera *class* ("Camera API") gives you a JPEG file as a byte array.
It is up to you to store that someplace (e.g., SD card, Web service).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 2.0 Available!