I've asked "how to detect home screen" before. I'm still searching...

I noticed when I press "home" button on Android emulator, I got this
statement in catlog:

INFO/ActivityManager(584):
 Starting activity: Intent { action=android.intent.action.MAIN
categories={android.intent.category.HOME} flags=0x10200000 comp=
{com.android.launcher/com.android.launcher.Launcher} }

so I went to ActivityManager to see if I can find a clue there. Here
is my findings:

1. I can not instantiate ActivityManager because it's constructor is
not public, and it's not a singleton
2. it has a function called: getRunningAppProcesses sounds promising
-- would it give me all the running processes?
3. since I can not instantiate ActivityManager I tried to use one of
the derived class: RunningAppProcesseInfo to see if I can use it's
parent methods: getRunningAppProcesses. Nope.

Am I on the right track or totally lost?

Thanks,

Sherry