Hello,
I have read related posts and blogs about how a list item loses
selection on entering touch mode and the suggestion to use onClick/
onSelect listeners or selection modes, but I am still having the
following problem.

I have a list view,  where  each  item row is a compound view,
consisting of an edit box and a check box.

I want to track the position of the compound view item  on which the
user is working currently  (even if the row is not selected but the
edit box in the compound view has focus).

Currently I am trying to use ListView's onItemClick/OnItemSelect
listeners to track the current item row. I am remembering the last
selected item's row position  in an instance variable in  the list
activity.

The problem is, when I select an item and then touch the edit box of
another item, my tracked item position is not of the edit box I have
focused on, it's the last selected items position.

How can I track the position of the compound view whose edit box just
got touched?
Any help will be much appreciated.