The quick summary of my problem is after creating an email with an
intent, when Gmail actually sends it all newline characters are
removed.

In my app, there is an option to send text via email to friends using
an intent.  The text has newline characters to space out the
paragraphs, and when the Gmail app is opened I can see all separations
are in place, but after actually sending the email, the recipient's
email does not contain any newline char's so all the text is squished
together.  If the email draft is saved instead of sending the email,
the newline characters are kept in place and the paragraph's are
spaced correctly (though again, once you actually send it the newline
char's are removed).

Does Gmail not like newline char's?  If that's the case, is there
another way I should go about spacing paragraphs when sending emails
with an intent?