Hi Hong,
thanks for your reply.
I tried that but to no avail.
The reason seems to be that clicks and actions from virtual keyboard
do not follow the same
path that normal key and touch events do.
The get tunneled in an InputConnection, and things get REALLY
difficult for me to understand fully.
So i just override onCreateInputConnection and return a
BaseInputConnection and now it works.
thanks again for the reply,

-Emanuele