On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 16:33, Disconnect<dc.disconn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...so if I start calling the htc touch pro "mcdonalds" that makes it
> correct, and mcdonald's is the one causing confusion?
>
> Yeah, I don't think so.. just because you decide the magic/mytouch is the g2
> doesn't make it so. Especially when the actual g2 has been released. (Esp
> since the trademark was filed everywhere, so it was patently obvious that
> they had a g2 coming and this wasn't it..)

- It is not about me deciding anything, nor original poster, but about
a lot of people, blogs, news sites, newspapers,... (mistakenly, ok)
calling it G2.
- no I never said that it makes it the correct name.
- I said that "it" will cause confusion, I did not blame TMobile....
though anyway I might have, not a big deal. They decided of a name
after this "G2" name was already ("incorrectly") used quite a lot.
Just confusing.
And this comes after they investigated about several names for the
myTouch 3G... can't say they did not think about the matter !

Good luck for users looking for help for their mobile and googling "G2" .....
Try to google even for "Tmobile G2"... only gets better with "TMobile G2 Touch"