Hi!

You can buy one of these:

HTC G1
the first one, with keyboard, quite old but good enough to test your
apps. you can update the android version to the newest one

HTC Magic
http://www.htc.com/de/product/magic/overview.html
successor of G1, only on-screen keyboard. i have that one and i am very
happy with it.

HTC Hero
http://www.htc.com/de/product/hero/overview.html
The new kid on the blog, very cool Android GUI

Samsung I7500
http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/27/samsung-i7500-oled-handset-powered-by-android-dreams/
The first android hand set from Samsung. Can not say if it is good,
never have seen it live but it looks promising.

All of the above should be fine. If they have a old version of Android,
you can update it to the newest versions.

Hope this helps a little

Cheers,
Anton

**