n.a wrote:
> Hi, my app is working perfectly and playing its music in the 1.5 and
> 1.6 emulators, my ADP1, and for everyone in the Android Market (at
> least there were no complaints).
>
> The problem is that when the app is run on the ARCHOS 5 tabled, the
> MediaPlayer.create(Context context, int resid) method returns null.
>
> I guess there might be a problem with the ARCHOS' Android
> implementation, but did anyone experience the same problem? What might
> be a possible reason for the create method to return false? The docs
> don't say anything.

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-advandroid/tree/master/Media/Audio/

The above project, which uses a MediaPlayer with an OGG resource, works
fine on my ARCHOS 5 tablet.

Give it a try. If it works, then there is something specific about your
code that is causing your problems on the ARCHOS. If my code fails,
check your firmware version (I'm on 1.1.01, which appears to be the latest).

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Beginning Android_ from Apress Now Available!