I agree that the work may be built on each successive release.   I think a
bigger issue may be that items come and go through a beta release cycle.
If you got beta1 and relied on getAndroidToastButteringSchedule(), if it
never makes to to the final release and you failed to keep up with
successive beta releases you are really going to be hacked off at everyone
but yourself.    The current developer community (present company excluded)
seems to be very green and will probably make many mistakes regarding the
development process.  I have now lost my train of thought...   I guess to
sum it up it would be nice if there were beta releases for seasoned
developers that know how to handle them and don't expect much support but I
see it turning into a flame fest if that were to happen.

--
Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

http://www.fuligin.com