Hello all,

I wrote a widget that has been working fine for most folks. However, I
started getting bug reports about how the widget would be blank on
reboot (not receive an update?), and it seemed that the Sprint Hero
continually came up. I thought I was crazy but I'm finding that other
people are having the same problems:

Searching Google for "sprint hero appwidget problems" yields:

"Added warning about the problem on the Sprint Hero device: On the
Sprint Hero (HTC ROM v1.29.xxx) the AppWidget API is broken in such a
way that it won't ..."

More specific blog post that mentions it but doesn't explain the
problem:

http://koxx3.wordpress.com/2009/10/22/htc-hero-sprint-bug/

"I found the reason : HTC changed the Android widget management at
startup !
I hope they will fix it in a new ROM release, but I’d like to find a
solution to bypass this problem.
EDIT 28/10/2009 : problem solve for ‘Pure calendar’ with new option."

I e-mailed the author in hopes of getting an answer, but I haven't
received any response. Does anybody with a Sprint Hero know what the
problem is?

Thank you,
-Brian