I met the same problem, that is, simple error info
         An internal error occurred during: "Launching xxx",
        java.lang.NullPointerException
where xxx is the activity name.

I worked pretty well this morning, yesterday and even before. But
since just know, that error occurred at every time.
Some more points to add:
1. I'm pretty confident that the problem is not because my codes since
my previous success code fail in error as well.
2. The emulator works without any problems.
3. It looks like a problem of ADT but I don't know how to fix it.

I didn't find the ADB debugger base port configuration.
How to "implement" your suggestions? ---------Try to change the ADB
debugger base port from Eclipse Preferences.

Thanks so much!