this is happening for me as well after upgrading to the API 2.0

!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching MyPodTest11".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.launch.AndroidLaunchController.launch
(Unknown Source)
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.launch.LaunchConfigDelegate.doLaunch
(Unknown Source)
        at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.launch.LaunchConfigDelegate.launch
(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
(LaunchConfiguration.java:764)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch
(LaunchConfiguration.java:614)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch
(DebugUIPlugin.java:865)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run
(DebugUIPlugin.java:1068)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I have deleted my avds, and created a new one and unplugged my phone
and still the error occurs. So i dont think its device dependent.

Anyone have any ideas?

regards
rob.
http://www.my-pod.org